Terms & Conditions
This contract is between The Original Window to the Womb Ltd (the Company) and you, the customer (You) and shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions of sale, none of which affect your statutory rights:
- The Company reserves the right to modify or improve our service without prior notice
- The Company will provide a 2D, 3D or 4D fetal ultrasound scan. Please be aware that scans are dependent on the position of the baby and the fluid surrounding baby
- The photographs, CD or DVD are to be used as a pictorial keepsake souvenir of the scan of your unborn baby and cannot be used for any type of medical or legal purpose but only for home entertainment.
- The Company offers You the ultrasound scan on the understanding that You are receiving the appropriate ante-natal care and have had one normal hospital scan. Under no circumstances should The Company be a substitute for your hospital ultrasound.
- Forming part of any scan package, the Company will undertake a well-being check of your baby and You will receive a simple Well-being Report. You understand and accept that the Company only consider placental position, fetal heartbeat, fetal movement and position during the well-being check and do not check any other aspects of your baby or pregnancy. Should your sonographer believe that there is any area of your baby’s development that needs to be brought to your attention, this shall be done in accordance with the Care Quality Commissions’ Pathways Protocol (a copy of which is available for your perusal). The Company cannot and shall not be responsible for any act or omission.
- The Company will record your scan on CD or DVD. Please note that the Company do not retain copies of your scan. You must report any problems with the CD or DVD to us by the day following your scan. If You are not satisfied with any aspect of our service. You must report this to us at the time.
- THE COMPANY CANNOT GUARANTEE FULL FACE IMAGES OF YOUR UNBORN BABY AS THESE IMAGES DEPEND ON YOUR BABY’S POSITION IN THE WOMB. THE COMPANY UNDERTAKE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE BEST IMAGES POSSIBLE BUT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THESE DEPEND ON YOUR BABY’S COOPERATION. With this in mind the Company may not be able to guarantee that your appointment will run on time but we will always do our very best to capture the best possible images.
- WHILST THE COMPANY ARE VIRTUALLY ALWAYS ABLE TO SEX A BABY CORRECTLY, SEXING SCANS CAN NEVER BE 100% ACCURATE. THE COMPANY ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER FOR THE PROVISION OF AN INCORRECT INDICATION OF YOUR BABY’S GENDER.
- The Company do not allow any personal photography to be carried out in our studio.
- The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused by any act or omission by employees, servants or agents of The Company save for those set out in these Terms and Conditions
- The Company will not be held responsible for any breach of contract caused by circumstances beyond its control
- Data Protection Act 1998: The data collected on this form will only be used for the purpose of identification within this organisation and will not be disclosed to any external sources without your express written consent.
- The Company retain Copyright of any images that we take; unless You specifically ask us not to do we may use your images on our website and on our Facebook and Pinterest and social media accounts. We will NEVER pass on your images to any other organisation.
- This contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and forms the entire contract between The Company and You.
You will be asked to sign a copy of our terms and conditions when you attend the studio. You will also need to accept them when making a booking online.